The following reasons are why processing fees are charged to the Organization regardless of the fee setting:
- Failed Payments
- Failed payments will show as a charge to the Organization in the remittance column of the revenue report. If a credit card payment is collected from the participant, by opening the registration record and clicking New Payment, the declined line items for that participant will not be displayed in the failed payment report. The Organization is refunded once the payment is collected
- If a participant has has an ACTIVE Advantage membership, s/he would not be charged processing fees for registration. Processing fees for failed payments will be shown as line items charged to the event followed by additional line items showing the ACTIVE Advantage membership and the reimbursement of the fees
100% Off Coupon Codes With Category Change
A 100% off coupon code is used for a participant's original registration and the Organization moves the participant to a new category (with a price higher or lower than the original) and selects Charge Price Difference or Charge Price Difference And An Additional Transfer Fee, then Cash or Check is selected.
- Offline Registrations
- If the offline registration was charged to a credit card
- ACTIVE Advantage Membership Used During Original Transaction Then Canceled
- If the Organization transfers a participant to a higher priced category then selects Charge Price Difference and Cash or Check is selected, the system will try and recover the processing fees on the original transaction and the increase in price for the new category
- If the Organization transfers a participant to a higher priced category then selects Absorb Fee, the system will try and recover the processing fees on the original transaction
- If the Organization transfers the participant to a lower priced category and chooses not to refund the registrant then the system will try and recover the processing fees on the original transaction
- eCheck payment method
- eCheck payments take up to 15 days to clear. Processing fees will be absorbed by your organization first when participants pay by eCheck. Once eCheck payments are cleared, processing fees withheld from your remittance will then be paid out in the next payment cycle. For example, if it was withheld on the 12/1-12/15 payment, it will be paid out on the 12/15-12/31 payment.
The following reasons are why processing fees are NOT charged to an Organization:
- If the original registration was completed using a 100% coupon code, the Organization is not charged processing fees for post-registration Additional Purchase items when Cash or Check is selected. This information will only display when the Revenue Report is filtered by Cash/Check Only or All
- If an event director makes a category transfer to a higher priced category for a online registration and selects Cash or Check payment, fees will not be charged to the Organization. The Revenue Report will show the processing fees as charged then credited to the Organization
Note: To inquire the details of your account processing fee, please contact your account manager. If you do not know who your account manager is, please visit Contact Us form to connect with Support.
Note: To know more information of Processing fees, please check below articles for your reference: